Thursday, May 8, 2014

MY MET GALA 2014 BEST DRESSED LIST

This event occurs once a year. It is formally known as the Costume Institute Gala. According to Wikipedia, it's an annual ball that celebrates the opening of the Metropolitan Museum's fashion exhibit as well as a fund raising event. People from all social circles attend the ball and they get to dress up. That's why I'm writing this post because I'm choosing who had the best getup. Let's start with this one.



SJP: Her ball gown was designed by Oscar de la Renta. He even affixed his signature at the back of the dress ! I like her dress because it made her look like a princess. Her coiffed hair and gloves complimented the overall effect of the dress. Next up...



Anna Kendrick of Pitch Perfect fame. She's wearing a J.Mendel creation with a white bodice and black skirt as opposed to SJP's gown which had a black bodice and white baloon skirt. I like her dress because it suits her. It makes her look young and pretty. Next on my list of adorable dresses was worn by Diane Kruger.

  

A pale blue sequinned colum floor length gown with camisole straps designed by Hugo Boss. It makes her look so elegant she could pass for a Greek goddess. Here's a look at the back of the gown. It has a slit which goes up to just below the knee and shows her gold and brown heeled sandals.


Here's what's at the top of my list. 


Emma Stone's pink crop top and slitted dark pink floor length skirt by Thakoon. This dress put me in a dreamy state. Her sideswept hair went so well with her getup. I wonder if I could carry wearing this to some event. Which dress do you like best? Plese let me know by posting a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment