Friday, January 15, 2016

Steve Jobs

Yeah, this is a movie about Steve Jobs. It's a drama. My tears freely flowed of their own accord when I watched the movie. I feel that I now understand why Steve Jobs was like he is. An asshole. No pun intended.



Michael Fassbender looked so well portraying Steve Jobs. I didn't know that there was a Joanna Hoffman in Steve's life. It turns out that she was the only one who could stand up to Steve Jobs. The role was played by Kate Winslet and she nailed it. She's a great actress. I totally believed she was Joanna. Lisa was also in the movie and it was the last part where I really shed tears. I feel for Lisa. Growing up without a father.




I have long been fascinated with Steve Jobs ever since I saw The Pirates of Silicon Valley. I got to know him more in this movie. He is indeed an artist. He continuously denied being the father of Lisa but in the end, he accepted that fact. Imagine thinking up of an acronym for the name of his kid? Local Integrated System Architecture (LISA).

Andy Hertzfeld, a computer scientist for Apple under the Macintosh team. In the foreground photo with Steve Wozniak on the left. I didn't know he was an important part of the Mac. The movie brought that to light.

The movie's scenes were typically shot during the launch of new products in which Steve Jobs was at the helm. The launch of the Macintosh, the black box (for Next), and the iMac for Apple. I admit I learned more about the history of Apple in this movie. I enjoyed watching it eventhough it brought me to tears. I didn't want to stop watching. It took a tight grip of my attention for two hours and 2 minutes. I give it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment